[geeklog-users] trouble with fresh install

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Wed Jul 23 13:58:27 EDT 2003

I have a brand-new, clean installation of RedHat 9, completely stock
except for tiny weaks to get GL running. (register globals, etc.)
Apache 2.0.40 running on :8080 with PHP 4.2.2. Geeklog went on just
fine--adjusted the two conf files and it came up perfectly. But I
can't log in. After I enter Admin and 'password' at
...com:8080/~forum/admin/moderation.php, I see 'Logout' and the
stop-sign icon, then I get bounced back to the login screen. I know
the password is good, because if I put in the wrong password, I get a
different error message--"Denied! Incorrect Login Information" I've
chmodded everything according to docs/install.html, first 775, then
777. I even tried setting public_html to 777 (I've seen other stuff
fail because someone other than 'apache' owned ~/public_html) but
still nothing.

I made a user called 'forum' and unzipped the contents of gl1.3.8.tgz
in there, so /home/forum/public_html/ is where the site is being
served from, just like Apache likes. It's up and running fine on
another box, w2k/iis, but I would like to have it running on this
Linux box. (I ran the w2k box on :8080 to see if that caused a
problem but it didn't.)

Thanks,
-----brian