[geeklog-users] including javascript in blocks

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Mon Jun 16 04:13:10 EDT 2003

Norm wrote:

>I just tried it in a normal block and got
>nothing. I then viewed the html source and noted that <br> were put
>after each line of the javascript...

Since Geeklog doesn't know whether the block contains HTML or plain text,
it looks at the very first character of the block content. If it's a '<',
it assumes it's HTML and doesn't apply nl2br() to the block content.

So if the <script> tag is the first thing in the block (no blank lines or
whitespace before that), there shouldn't be any <br> tags in the source.

http://www.macosx-faq.de/