[geeklog-users] including javascript in blocks

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Mon Jun 16 16:26:42 EDT 2003

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Sorry about the sig...I'm a physician and to comply with the new
regulations known as HIPAA, I need to include such a statement when
sending patient information. Forgot to strip it from my post. In this
case, better to err on the side of caution ;->

Norm
On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 09:45  AM,
geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net wrote:

> On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 08:33 AM,
> geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but I've found another problem. Geeklog is stripping slashes
>> from the javascript code in this section:
>> When viewing the source, after loading the javascript, all the
>> backslashes which are escaping the special characters are being
>> removed. How do I go about preventing that from happening?
>>

> Backslash the backslashes :*)
>
> Yes, Geeklog has a problem with backslashes (also with ampersands) in
> articles and blocks. When creating items that have such characters in
> them, I keep an off-line version which I edit using a text editor, and
> then paste it into Geeklog whenever I need to update the block or
> article.
>
> If you are never going to update the block or article this isn't
> necessary. But if you do make changes occasionally, you'll find that
> your backslashes will disappear one by one every time you resend the
> article/block.
>
>> Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the
>> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
>> information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
>> disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is
>> not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
>> delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
>> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
>> communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
>> communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and
>> destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard
>> copy.  Thank you.
>>

> This message is public and will be displayed far and wide on the
> Internet.
>
> Jerry
> jerry at sandiego.edu
> http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
> Serra 188B/x8773
> --
> "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
> that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot
> possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to
> get at and repair."--Douglas Adams (Mostly Harmless)

Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com