[geeklog-users] Re: geeklog-users digest, Vol 1 #103 - 7 msgs

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Jun 17 14:08:46 EDT 2003

> I am not aware of this.
> who is the developer that walked?
> you mean to say that this person
> took the code with him or destroyed
> the work?

I don't know the guy's name.  He was developing the code on his
own computer and never checked it into CVS.  When he left, he
didn't turn it over to the project.  The ones discussing this
said he was the developer for their new template system.  They
plan on using the Xanthia engine for now as an interim solution.

> Thank you to you both for your thoughtful comments. I have
posted both of them

I read DankStreet's comment on your site and agree with him.
It's not really an either or issue.  Each person is different and
goes with what is appealing to him.  All these projects have
their pros and cons.  One system will not fit everyone's needs.
Hopefully, PostNuke can get back on track in their timeline. If
it didn't run so slow on my server, the security system was
easier to use, and the panel more intuitive, I probably would be
using PostNuke on one of my three sites today.  I think it's well
ahead of its parent, PhpNuke, in many ways but behind its
offspring.  I'm referring to the core not the addons.

DarkStreet hit the nail on the head.  I too would like to see the
different CMS' work together on interfaces so addons could be
easily shared across the different projects. Unfortunately, the
developers have gone off into their own little directions
resulting in addon code having to be rewritten for each
integration into a different CMS.  I thought the whole purpose of
open source and oo was to share and reuse code.  Oh well, maybe
some day we'll get there.

John