[geeklog-users] Changing Domain

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Jun 20 17:46:28 EDT 2003

Trying to at least answer some of the questions ...

As you have noticed, the script to update the content of the What's
Related block may run into timeouts if you have a lot of stories and your
hosting service has set a max. execution time. I have no solution for
this - you would need to rewrite the script to do the update in smaller
portions or something ...

>What will hapend if I have to update a text that has this ' and this "
>inside ??   mmmm... Then I don't know.   Can somebody answer that so I
>can increase my tiny knowledge ?

Use the source, Luke ;-) Geeklog's source, that is. You'll find
addslashes() is the solution here.

>But when I put "describe gl_sotries;" in Mysql   i get 24 Fields   and If
>I count every field by using this symbol " | "  I get some more and in a
>diferent order.

The gl_stories table has 24 fields (plus some index fields). I'd suggest
you refer to the file sql/mysqltableanddata.php

>Is there any Plugin that store every "Story Title"  in a special place of
>the Database?
>
>So A user can quickly watch only "the titles" of all the stories?

What's wrong with SQL?

    SELECT title FROM gl_stories;

There's really no need to store them in an additional table (which you
would need to keep up to date) ...

>What does this mean amp; ?

That's actually & - the HTML entity to be used for the & sign. When
used in links, the & sign must be written as &

http://www.macosx-faq.de/