[geeklog-users] GeekLog, admin defaults...

stephen white steve at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 4 10:28:22 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 01:15 AM, Tony Bibbs wrote:
> No articles other than what you might find on geeklog.net.  If you have
> specific questions just send them here to this list.  Us developers are
> listening ;-)

Any help with this please?

I don't want Admin postings to default to frontpage, and would also
like to change the default permissions.

 From what I can see, the default value should be coming from:

     $story_templates->set_var('frontpage_options',
COM_optionList($_TABLES['frontpagecodes'],'code,name',$A['frontpage']));

in admin/story.php. Where is $A['frontpage'] coming from, if not the
default value of gl_stories.frontpage? Normal user postings have been
successfully made topic only by this change. The admin postings still
default to front page.

Any suggestions? I'm OK with modifying SQL tables and source code.

Another problem I'm having is that when a student is in a subject area,
when they click on "Get Published", it doesn't default to the subject
area they're in.

BTW, would like to report that the University of Adelaide, Computer
Science department, has been Geeked! It's for internal use only, but it
has been set up to handle all communications between students and
lecturers for all subjects. This is why I've got so much focus on
making the topics as separate as possible.

Thanks.

   steve at cs.adelaide.edu.au