[geeklog-users] Help on install

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Nov 3 10:34:37 EST 2003

Make sure the webserver has the permissions needed to write to that
directory and file and they try again.  When configured properly you
should definitely get an entry in the error.log.  Without it we won't be
able to help much.  Let us know what you find.

--Tony

irvingb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm experiencing technical difficulties and have not been able to solve it
> by going thru the forums and docs.  Probably something simple, too.
>
> When I run install.php from the browser line, I get to the 3rd screen, and
> get the message "An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for
> details."  Error.log is empty.
>
> TIA,
> Bob Irving
> MS Technology Coordinator
> Lancaster Country Day School
> Lancaster, PA
>
> Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
> William Butler Yeats
>

> ---

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |