[geeklog-users] Problems with special characters

Rob Griffiths robg at macosxhints.com
Thu Nov 13 15:39:50 EST 2003

>> >Note that the "\" character disappeared
>>
>> Yeah, that's a long-standing bug. But the other characters should be
>> reproduced verbatim.

>Thanks. Do you know when it will be fixed?

I thought it was fixed!?? It seems to work perfectly well on my site
(www.macosxhints.com, if you want to play with the submission engine),
though I can't remember which version of GL it's running -- but I know I
haven't hacked any regex stuff to make that bit work (as I lack the
talent!).  But if I create a test story, in HTML mode, that looks like
this:

[code]
Testing\backslashes<>and other things
<\end>
[/code]

When I hit Preview, I see exactly what would be expected in the output
area, and my input box is *still* perfectly showing the backslashes and
all the other characters. I can preview as many times as I wish and it
doesn't change.  I thought [code] explicitly took care of the backslash
problem?  It certainly seems to on my site...

In case it helps, here's the version line from my index.php:

// $Id: index.php,v 1.40 2002/12/31 10:58:55 dhaun Exp $

-rob.