[geeklog-users] Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/.charmian/tabi/geeklog-1.3.8-1/system/lib-custom.php on line 111

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Oct 3 08:38:07 EDT 2003

Timur Tabi wrote:

>I don't know Perl, so I can't debug this.

I don't know Perl either. Fortunately, this is PHP, which I can read (it
also helps that I actually wrote some parts of that code ;-)

>Also, this has to do with the
>installation directory, which is odd, since GeekLog is already installed
>and otherwise working perfectly.

That's from the "Are you secure?" block. It checks if you followed the
installation instructions and deleted your admin/install directory. Since
it seems you did that, you can now safely disable or delete that block.

The block is just there as a reminder since we found that many people
forgot to remove the install directory, which is a potential security risk.

http://www.tinyweb.de/