[geeklog-users] Suggested changes to lib-common.php/COM_isemail()

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Sep 2 04:20:21 EDT 2003

Bob wrote:

>[Sorry if this isn't the right list for posting bugs/enhancements...]

Didn't see the "Report a bug" link on geeklog.net? But it's okay to
discuss problems here or on the forums before actually sending bug reports.

>The upshot is, COM_isemail in lib-common.php chokes on addresses
>containing the literal '+'.

As the comment above that function suggests, it is known not to be
strictly RFC822 compliant.

Btw, I just love it when people report problems with things that I just
thought about changing a few hours ago :-) I'm currently in the process
of changing Geeklog's email functions so that they will use PEAR::Mail.
That package includes a class to check for RFC822 compliant email
addresses and I was already thinking about rewriting COM_ismail() to use
that class ...

>When digging into this issue, I found two more problems - some TLDs are
>longer than three characters (.info, .name, .coop, .aero, .museum - see
>http://www.icann.org/tlds/)

Hmm, my .info addresses seem to work just fine, i.e. I can sign up with them.

http://www.haun.info/