[geeklog-users] Several RSS feeds within a primary feed

Bill Reddie billr at channel1records.com
Fri Dec 10 16:42:56 EST 2004

Hi,
Am building a feed for the viewers of my website. Have found several free feeds from other locations that relate to the content of my site. These feeds contain on average around 8-10 items per feed.

What I want to do is make my own feed the 'umbrella' under which all other feeds are listed. For example:

PRIMARY FEED
Channel Title: Too much Stress- Anxiety- Burnout?
Item #1. Feed from an outside location
Item #2. Feed from another outside location
Item #3. Feed from yet another outside location...and so on.

In using this procedure, there are no publishing infringement issues because the above mentioned feeds are offered free so long as each points back to its original author.

However, this procedure raises several questions:

(1.) Is it incorrect to make each item a feed unto itself?
(2.) Will doing so create bandwidth problems? Other problems?
(3.) Would it be better instead if each Item contained only 1 article from each of those 'outside' feeds?

So far, I've not found anyone who will (or can) answer these questions...so I'm hoping to luck out here at Geeklog.

Thanks for you help!

Bill Reddie
http://www.channel1records.com
admin at channel1records.com_
Too much Stress-Anxiety-Burnout?
Smooth out those rough days with unique and effective music for stress, burnout, anxiety, relaxation, music therapy and therapeutic ambience.