[geeklog-users] An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Feb 2 15:54:00 EST 2004

Tony,

>This is wrong:
>
>"(.sid = gl_comments.sid)"
>
>there should be a table name before ".sid".
>
>Not sure why that is happening, though.

We've been through this a couple of times in the forums already. Seems
like Apple is shipping some, how should I put it, not-quite-working
components with some versions of the operating system.

Specifically, this seems to happen on MacOS X Server (Neil, are you on
Server?), where the MySQL that ships with it is not properly compiled.
Replacing Apple's version with a binary from mysql.com seems to fix these
problems.

Disclaimer: I'm using the consumer version of MacOS X that doesn't
include MySQL. So I'm using mysql.com's version (and a PHP version that
I've compiled myself). I never had that problem ...

http://www.macosx-faq.de/