[geeklog-users] Another formatting question. . .php variables

TechFan lists.sf.net at ourholm.net
Thu Feb 12 02:18:18 EST 2004

I am actually using a modified TabularDynamics layout. . .but I am finding
that the active tabs aren't being marked like they should.  I did some
reading and found that the $_SERVER global var is only present in PHP 4.1.0
and above. . .I am running 4.0.6 and haven't had a chance to find a way to
upgrade yet (if even possible - the website is running on Cobalt/Sun Qube 3
so it isn't just the standard install).  It says to use $HTTP_SERVER_VARS
instead, but it has to be declared global or something (sorry, haven't done
too much PHP programming).   I checked the phpinfo() information and found
that under the PHP Variables section there is a var called PHP_SELF and
there is also a var called HTTP_SERVER_VARS["PHP_SELF"].  So, the values I
need are there, but how do I make it so that I can use them to make the
current tab active?

Thanks.