[geeklog-users] WYSWYG Editing?

- Ed - e at marinx.com
Sat Feb 14 22:24:44 EST 2004

TechFan, I've used HTML Area a lot, so if you have any questions, feel free
to contact me.
You can find me on Geeklog.net as user emagin.

One recommendation to all Geeklog admins using  Windows, is that you grab
the OpenSource code compare tool called WinMerge
http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/

I use it DAILY to update different versions of Geeklog to my latest
production version, or for testing with Dirk's, Vinny's and Tony's great CVS
work (and other too).

The trick with lots of enhancements like HTMLArea is that they must be
applied to LAYOUTS.
So it gets pretty hairy if you have lots of layouts as choices in your
install.
With WinMerge, or unix equivalent, it's a snap to push code from one layout
to the next without mucking up your code.   You break a layout your site
might not load!

Good luck!