[geeklog-users] Posting Images

George Bray listoid1 at linkalarm.com
Sun Feb 22 06:46:55 EST 2004

One of the most powerful reasons for me to choose GL was the ability to
include images in articles. I've not seen this feature in any
blogger/cms systems.

Here's some feature requests for a future version:

1) Setting to allow Logged-In users to include images in their postings.
I've hacked around with a new group that has story.edit and
story.submit, and some mods to core code to stop authentication errors.
  It's not a clean solution because, a) logged in users can get to Story
Admin, which may confuse some people, and b) when creating the article
they get all the "techy" permissions options.

2) Option to CENTER images in articles, to make the pages look more
balanced.

3) I'd like the best of both worlds when uploading images.
The uploaded image should be scaled down to the specified size for the
article, but also linked to another "maximum" sized image (much like
"keep original image", but scaled to a config-specified max size).
Small one for the article, click to see it maximum size (not original
size). I'm trying to avoid users posting 2048x2048 images from their
fancy digital cameras.

4) Perhaps a user option to display the author image in the article's
header.

I haven't tried 1.3.9 yet, so my apologies if these ideas are covered
there.  Thanks once again for a robust, beautiful system!!

George