[geeklog-users] Adding new users to groups

Jason Silkey abbeysroad at worlds-end.org
Thu Jan 15 00:45:32 EST 2004

Howdy!

I'm hoping this isn't too much of a noob question, but I haven't been
able to figure this out on my own even though it's probably a really
easy one, soooo, here goes:

1. How does one go about setting it up so that a new user is
automatically added to groups besides the All Users and the Logged-In
Users?  A couple of the plug-ins I installed have created their own
groups and it would be great if new users were automatically added to
those.

2. Is it possible maybe instead (or in addition) to add the rights of
those groups to the Logged-In Users group?  The group editor on the
Admin page won't let you, so I'm assuming it's not looked highly upon
to do so?

Thanks in advance!

jason