[geeklog-users] RSS Architecture

ed e at marinx.com
Tue Jan 20 12:20:09 EST 2004

Quick question about the new RSS architecture in Geeklog 1.3.9rc1
(Let me know if I should be posting this stuff elsewhere)

You currently have the STORY related RSS feed info hard coded into
config.php

Lines 130-131
// path to your site's RSS/RDF feed
$_CONF['rdf_file']        = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'xml/rss.xml';
(xml/rss.xml is my setting)

Lines 375-384
// RSS/RDF feed settings
$_CONF['backend']               = 1;    // 1 = active, 0 = off
$_CONF['rdf_limit']             = 10;   // number of stories (10) or hours
(24h)
$_CONF['rdf_storytext']         = 200;

I guess the immediate question would be, if you're gonna go with web
interface settings for Stories, Links and Events, why keep the hard-coded
part in config.php and why is it just for Stories?
Not sure that's consistent.

Also, while the Stories seem to be saving an .XML file to the path specified
in config.php, the Links and Events do not appear to be saving the info to
the files down to file structure. I've searched the entire directory of site
for *.xml and do not find them?
Definitely NOT in /public_html/backend/