[geeklog-users] Image directory settings

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Jan 22 16:24:39 EST 2004

There really isn't a good way to do this.  The topic editor is really
old and is, arguably, one of the most neglected pieces of code.  That
page should have been updated a long time ago to allow for remote image
uploads (similar to image articles or user profile pictures).

Anyway, if you have completely seperate Geeklog installations on one
server then you will notice that $_CONF['path_layout'] by default is set
to $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'.  Note that this is where all the
template files are stored so tweaking $_CONF['path_layout'] the way you
want isn't going to work.  Instead you will have to simply move your
topic icons for each site into their respective directory..

This if you have SiteA at /path/to/SiteA/ and SiteB at /path/to/SiteB/
then you would put the topic icons in
/path/to/SiteA/public_html/images/topics/ for SiteA and
/path/to/SiteB/public_html/images/topics/ for SiteB.

HTH,

--Tony