[geeklog-users] ssl for admin functions

Ted Roby geeklog at tedroby.com
Fri Jan 30 21:14:31 EST 2004

I am attempting to use SSL to handle any traffic to
http://mydomain/admin.

I am doing this with redirects in my Apache conf file like this:

RedirectMatch admin$ https://mydomain/admin/
RedirectMatch admin(.+)$ https://mydomain/admin$1

(note, mydomain is replaced with a valid domain)

I have successfully configured two VirtualHosts. One is on port 80, and
the
other handles SSL on port 443.

However, if I make any changes as an Admin, those changes are not saved.

I suspect the culprit to be the following line in my config.php script:

$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://mydomain';

My goal is to leave normal users on port 80, while redirecting admins
over port 443. Again, the only problem with this is that changes are
not being saved.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get this to work?

---
Random fortune:

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.