[geeklog-users] Portal blocks stopped working

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jul 9 13:58:39 EDT 2004

>All my portal blocks stopped working at once -- valid RSS feeds are creating
>"there was a problem reading this feed" message.  I suspect a permissions
>problem. What needs to be writeable for portal blocks to work?

Nothing. Portal blocks don't write to the file system.

Are the feeds coming from the same server (so that the problem may be on
their side)? Did you try to call up the feed URLs in a browser?

If the feeds seem to work, ask your hosting service if they changed
something in the server configuration. First candidate: "allow_url_fopen"
must be on for the RSS feeds to work (in the PHP configuration, i.e. in
php.ini).

http://www.haun.info/