[geeklog-users] Re: [geeklog-devel] Bug Squashing for Hire

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 10 04:09:53 EDT 2004

Tony wrote:

>This has been done with other projects and mentioned a few times here
>and there but is there any interest in allowing people to bid on bugs.

Obviously, this should not mean that people would now have to pay for
simple bug fixes. Instead, it seems useful (IMHO) for the following scenarios:

1) A bug has been acknowledged but deemed too complicated / too much work
to fix now.

2) Someone needs a fix urgently (and not with the next release in x
months time).

For these cases, I can see this working (and, yes, details like payment
etc. need to be worked out).

It would be nice if our bug tracking software would support this somehow.
FWIW, I've submitted this as a feature request for both GForge and
Mantis. Mantis 0.19 (alpha 1 just came out) will support this now
(haven't looked into it).

The feature request for GForge is still open:
<http://gforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=787&group_id=1&atid=119>

http://www.macosx-faq.de/