[geeklog-users] New user help

bruce at trianglewebhosting.biz bruce at trianglewebhosting.biz
Wed Jul 14 18:25:20 EDT 2004

I am not sure I understand this comment.  Why would I expect it to be
rejected?  Secondly is there not a way that the site user can add custom
html to their site.  For example, wouldn't a custom block allow one to
define what would be included in a user defined block.

Secondly, I'm curious about the issue of being able to incorporate content
into a site.  I hear that the Geeklog system allows one to place blocks of
their choosing anywhere in the site display.

As I look at collaborating with other web sites that can be affiliated with
my efforts I look for opportunities to work with a similar web site in a
collaborate fashion.  I'm curious what options that might include for
including content into a site from elsewhere.  One other example would be
some of the portals that some use for a home page.  One is able to select
the news headlines for various sources, not necessarily limited to rss
newsfeeds or any news feed as specifically defined.  I'd rather replace
my.yahoo.com for my friends and my home pages and to see how I might achieve
this goal   This might include top news photos, or just top photos for the
day, pulling in a joke of the day or word of the day from elsewhere.

Can things of this nature be done?  If not, is it possible I wonder, if the
other custom CMS could or would somehow be able to incorporate some of the
content from my site.
Thanks,
Bruce