[geeklog-users] New user help

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Jul 18 16:11:34 EDT 2004

Bruce,

>I offer choice in that by clicking on a link they do *not* loose their place
>in what they were viewing!!

I'd like to chose to not have that "benefit". How can I do that if you've
already decided what you think was best for me?

>> I think we can agree that frames are even worse than target="_blank".
>Absolutely, positively not!  I don't think I could imagine something more
>beneficial than the proper use of frames.

Well, in that case, we have to agree that we have completely different
views of the web (as if that wasn't obvious by now ...).

>> The back button is one of the essential means of navigation on the web.
>> Why break it?
>It is broken.  I can't count the times when I hit return and information
>that was live is gone.

Then those sites were broken, not the back button.

>The back arrow is for other sites.

The back button is supposed to take you one step back, as in "click -
oops, wrong link - back". And that should work no matter where that link
took you (to another site or to another page on the same site).

>I love to write.

Unfortunately, it was hard to read with that unusual line length you've
been using. So I have to admit that I've only skimmed your post.

>So, this will be fun.  :-)

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but the fun ends for me here. As I said, we
seem to have pretty much opposite views on how websites should work and
it doesn't look like we're going to change each other's point of view
from this little discussion.

I hope you have fun using Geeklog nonetheless.

http://www.macosx-faq.de/