[geeklog-users] SQL error on index.php

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 24 14:04:30 EDT 2004

>I just finished installing Geelklog 1.3.9 on my machine.
>It is OS 10.3 with PHP 4.3.6 and MySQL 4.0.2
[...]
>Sat Jul 24 10:18:58 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.
>Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
>right syntax to use$
>CT DISTINCT count(*) AS dups, type, question, gl_stories.title,
>gl_stories.sid, qid, max(gl_comments.date) as lastdate FROM gl_comments
>LEFT JOIN gl_stories ON (($

This looks like the same issue that has already been discussed in several
forum threads, e.g. this one:
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=1&showtopic=33026

The workaround is to set

$_CONF['hidenewcomments'] = 1;

in config.php. To actually resolve the problem, you'll have to upgrade MySQL.

http://www.macosx-faq.de/