[geeklog-users] stopping Anonymous commenters

Orvis, Joshua D. (HSC) Joshua-Orvis at ouhsc.edu
Wed Jun 2 00:08:14 EDT 2004

Does anyone know how to do this?  My stories keep getting commented with tons of porn links.  I have modified my config.php file within the obug_setup directory and set the following options:

// this lets you select which functions are available for registered users only
$_CONF['loginrequired'] = 0; // all of them, if set to 1 will override all else
$_CONF['submitloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['linksloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['pollsloginrequired'] = 0;
$_CONF['calendarloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['statsloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['searchloginrequired'] = 0;
$_CONF['profileloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['emailuserloginrequired'] = 1;
$_CONF['emailstoryloginrequired'] = 1;

I know this file is being read, because if I change this setting my site is disabled (as it should be):

$_CONF['site_enabled'] = true;  // true or false

What is really weird is that with these settings in place, I can log out and try to comment on a story and I am unable to.  So how are other people doing it?  Are there any known bugs that allow people to get around these settings?

Please help.  I may have to take my site down if this continues because I can't spend 30 minutes/day deleting inappropriate comments!

Oh yes ... i am using version 1.3.8-1 on RedHat 9.

Thanks,

Joshua