[geeklog-users] 1.3.9 upgrade issues...

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Mar 21 12:46:19 EST 2004

Rob,

>I'm stumped and in need of help. I've search geeklog.net, and posted in
>the forums, and tried IRC, but no luck thus far.

Yeah, sorry. I've been AFK a lot this week and still trying to catch up
with my email. So everything that requires more than a "RTFM" just had to
wait ...

>Problem #1: The system comes back and tells me "Table
>gl139test.staticpage does not exist."  This is true; I don't have the
>staticpage table on the main hints site (never used it, so I never
>installed it, and prior upgrades never added it).

The installer tries to upgrade static pages without checking if it is
actually installed. Since you're probably the only person on this planet
not using it ;-) this hasn't been noticed before.

>Thinking I can
>outsmart the installer, I open the SQL file for the GL139 clean install
>(in the SQL folder), and find the staticpage table definition. A quick
>copy/paste later, and I now have a staticpage table.

Good idea, but wrong version. Since you're coming from 1.3.7, your static
pages table also has to come from that version.

So either use the SQL for the 1.3.7 version of the static pages or just
remove the piece of code from the install script that handles the static
pages plugin.

>    "Fri Mar 19 17:45:28 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL
>syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
>for the right syntax to use near" at line 1. SQL in question: DELETE
>FROM sessions WHERE uid ="

This seems to come from lib-sessions.php, where it's trying to create a
new session for you (in function SESS_newSession). Not sure what the
problem might be, though.

Try to rule out the usual login problems (cookie problems, whitespace).
If that doesn't help, set $_SESS_VERBOSE = true (in lib-sessions.php) and
see if the debug output in error.log gives you any hints.

http://geeklog.info/