[geeklog-users] List of writable directories

SuD sud_NOSPAM at latinsud.com
Wed Mar 31 20:07:51 EST 2004

Hi, I have my site on a shared server, many users having shells, many of
them having php access.

Initially i own all the files but apache, which runs user and group
www-data, must read and write some of them. So i have sensible data
owned by user sud and group www-data, so other users cannot read or
write those files. Actually they could read and write any www-data file
trhough a .php script made by themselves, but that doesnt bother me now.

The thing is that if I want to chgrp to group www-data only files that
need to be read-only or write-only by apache. Currently install
instructions tell only 4 directories, but there are more, like backups,
public_html/images/icons, config.php itself, and maybe more... is there
a full list somewhere?

I know, i am a bit paranoid, no other user on the machine will try and
crack my site, and there is no more security in chgrp'ing only some
files or the whole site. Anyway i want to do the things that way, there
is no chance by now to run suPhp or php/cgi...