[geeklog-users] restricting story submission by topic

Zach Shelton mail at zachofalltrades.net
Thu May 20 03:24:21 EDT 2004

In case anyone is interested, I just posted a hack for restricting story
submission to members of a group that has write access to a given topic.

Currently, if a given user can submit at all they can submit to any group
that they have READ access to. This custom function plus two very small
hacks changes this logic so that a user can only submit stories to topics
in which they have WRITE access.

The hack (based on GL 1.3.9) is on the third page of the following forum
thread:

http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=34657

If anyone finds tis to be a useful feature, I'd appreciate any feedback as
to whether or not this works properly for other users.

-Zach