[geeklog-users] Comment Spammers

Ray Benjamin raybenjamin at comcast.net
Tue May 25 14:11:20 EDT 2004

I'm having problems with someone or some group posting comments to
articles on my site that are just links to porn sites.  It's not really
the kind of image I want for my site.  I'm trying to find the right way
to handle the problem.  I expect to get more traffic in a few months and
I'm hoping it will be impractical to police every comment by hand.

At first I disabled comments except from users that were logged in, but
I've found that discourages a lot of people from commenting.  It might
be nice if there were a filter plugin that would allow me to set up
keywords and phrases that would cause a comment to be rejected.

Does anyone know if something like this is under development?  If not I
might take a crack at it myself.

Thanks,
  Ray