[geeklog-users] New Site Assistance

Wardell, Mark MWardell at columbiaforestproducts.com
Tue Jan 11 17:35:37 EST 2005

Hello,

A new GeekLog site went live this weekend (www.PowellLittleLeague.org) and I
have a couple of questions.

1) I can see in the config file where I can disable to submission queues,
like the story submission queue, and I assume with it disabled stories would
just post without needed to be approved. Is there a way I can set some users
to require approval while others post directly?

2) Along this same line, is there a way to require multiple approvals before
a story is posted? I have an idea of how this could work, but I don't see it
in GL so I was wondering if there is a mod, plug-in, or something out there
that would do something like this.

3) In trying to delete an event the response message said the event was
deleted successfully, but it's still there. Try again, same message, same
result. What am I missing? I'm logged in as Admin when it happens.

4) Tried to edit an event (NOT the same event I tried to delete) and got an
error message that I had not included enough information. I didn't write
down the message, but it talked about start/end dates/times, and location.
All of this information was in the event I was trying to edit. I only wanted
to change the start date of a multi-day event to make it a single day event.
Thoughts?

So far I'm very pleased with GL and looking forward to helping Powell Little
League use it, and setting it up for another site or three in the coming
months.

Thanks in advance for any help.

~Mark