[geeklog-users] Batch user import error "..is not a valid email address, account not created"

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sat Mar 1 10:25:37 EST 2008

I have a flat text file (created with emacs running on Linux),
tab-delimited, in the form:

real name [tab] geeklog_user_name [tab] valid_user at valid.email.address

The directory /geeklog_site/data/ is world-writable.

When I import the text file some user names are accepted:

"Account for A_User created successfully."

but most others are not:

"B_User is not a valid email address, account not created"

"Done processing. Imported 6 and encountered 32 failures"

There is no obvious pattern to the rejected email addresses (all
Yahoo.com, etc..)

There is no file in /geeklog_site/data/

There seems to be no mention of this found from a quick FAQ (or anywhere
else..) search at geeklog.net.

Any ideas?

--
John Sage