[Neurons] 2012 Meta Reflections #5 --- Meta-Coaching III

L. Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Thu Jan 26 12:38:44 EST 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

Meta Reflections 2011 #5

January 26, 2012

META-COACHING

ANYONE?

The field of Coaching is still new, evolving, growing, and finding its way
as it slowly moves toward becoming a profession. Will it eventually become
a separate and distinct profession? Yes, I think so. When? Who knows?!
There's much to be worked out before that happens and mainly deciding on
what it is.

Yet while a clear definition of what coaching is is still debatable and
undecidable within the field of Coaching, we are much clearer in
Meta-Coaching.

For us coaching is the process facilitation that unleashes potentials in
individuals and groups for pushing the limits of meaningful performance.

Now that's a Coach's definition. People who coach others facilitate the
very processes (psychological, mental-emotional, personal, semantic,
physiological) that enable a person to actualize a significant meaning into
their behavior. So if you are a consultant, trainer, salesperson, leader,
manager, or parent- this takes your professional skills to the next level.

Yet coaching isn't just for coaches. Coaching facilitates processes so that
a person can become more fully what one can become. Who knows what a person
can become? The person. That's why coaches don't teach, don't train, don't
counsel, don't do therapy- the coach doesn't know what is best for the
client. Only the client knows- except that he or she usually doesn't know
consciously. Yet at some level the client knows and that's what the coach
facilitates- that deep knowing.

So another way to think about the coaching process is to recognize that it
is expert level communications. When you use the "coaching" processes, you
actively listen at multiple levels, you ask empowering questions, you set
frames, you induce states, you give feedback, you support, and in a word -
you develop your relational and influential skills to a whole new level.

Now in the field of Coaching, Meta-Coaching has become a leading model in
framing the process of effective coaching in a highly systematic way. The
design is to provide a Professional Coach the ability to know what to do,
when to do it, how to do it, with whom to do it, and why to do it. The
design also is to establish the field of coaching in the unique psychology
for psychologically healthy people who want to change and develop, namely,
Self-Actualization Psychology.

To do that end I have been putting the models and processes that we use in
Meta-Coaching in a series of book so that the full process is set out.

Meta-Coaching Series of Volumes of Books:

Volume Title
Model

I: Coaching Change Axes
of Change

II: Coaching Conversations
Facilitation Model

III: Unleashed: A Guide to Your
Self-Actualization

Ultimate Self-Actualization
Quadrants

IV: Self-Actualization Psychology Self-Actualization
Volcano

V: Achieving Peak Performance
Meaning-Performance Axes

VI: Unleashing Leadership:

Self-Actualizing Leaders and Companies

VII: The Crucible
The Crucible Model

VIII: Benchmarking Intangibles
Benchmarking Model

IX: Systemic Meta-Coaching

X: Executive Meta-Coaching

XI: Group and Team Meta-Coaching

And there are also a set of supplementary books that are actually a part of
Meta-Coaching:

Figuring Out People (2006)
The Meta-Programs Model

Secrets of Personal Mastery (1997) The
Meta-States Model

Winning the Inner Game (2007)
The Meta-States Model

The Matrix Model (2003)
Neuro-Semantic Systems Model

Communication Magic (1999) The Meta-Model of Language

Meta-Coaching New for 2012

In 2012 Modules I and II will be conduct in many, many places around the
world by Neuro-Semantic Trainers (see <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com / Training). Module III will be conducted in 7
places.

1) May (May 14-21): Hong Kong

May 13 Team Leaders

Mandy Chai <mailto:mandy at apti.com.hk>
mandy at apti.com.hk

2) May (24-27) & June (21-24): Mexico City (Parts I and II)

Omar Salom <mailto:Omarsalom at hotmail.com>
Omarsalom at hotmail.com

David Murphy
<mailto:david at neurosemantica-latam.com> david at neurosemantica-latam.com

3) August (25-Sept. 1): Belgium. First Ever in Europe

Germaine Rediger - <mailto:indialogue at me.com>
indialogue at me.com

Mario Mason --- <mailto:mma at phoenix-strategies.com>
mma at phoenix-strategies.com

4) September (15-22): Brazil, Rio de Janeiro - First ever in
Brazil

Jairo Mancilha <mailto:jairo at pnl.med.br>
jairo at pnl.med.br

5) October (5-12): New Zealand

Lene Gray --- <mailto:lena at ignition.org.nz>
lena at ignition.org.nz

Colin Cox --- <mailto:colin at ignition.org.nz>
colin at ignition.org.nz

6) Nov. (17-21) & Dec. (6-10): Guangzhou, China (Parts I and II)

Mandy Chai: <mailto:Mandy at apti.com.hk> Mandy at apti.com.hk

Nov. 16 and Dec. 2 - Team leaders

7) November (23-30): Pretoria - South Africa

Cheryl Lucas --- <mailto:cheryl at peoplesa.co.za>
cheryl at peoplesa.co.za

Carey Jooste --- <mailto:carey at psacoaching.co.za>
carey at psacoaching.co.za

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520 USA

1 970-523-7877

What is Neuro-Semantic NLP? Get your free subscription to "Neurons" ---
the weekly International Newsletter of Neuro-Semantics. Subscribe at
<http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com. Dr. Hall sends
out Meta Reflections every Monday (Colorado time). Trainers' Reflections
occur on Tuesdays and Meta-Coach Reflections on Wednesdays. Contact Dr.
Hall at meta at acsol.net

For world-class Coach Training --- see Meta-Coaching System at
<http://www.meta-coaching.org/> www.meta-coaching.org and at
www.metacoachfoundation.org

Neuro-Semantics launched the New Human Potential Movement in 2007, for
information about the Self-Actualization workshops, go to
<http://www.self-actualizing.org/> www.self-actualizing.org