[Neurons] 2012 Meta Reflections #13

L. Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Mon Feb 27 09:53:53 EST 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

Meta Reflections 2012 #13

February 27, 2012

Empowerment Series #6

YOU AND YOUR ENERGY FIELDS

Given your innate powers and the energy that they generate in your body,
your mind-body-emotion state is, and operates as, an energy field. Given
the metabolism within your body, you generate an energy field with your
thinking-emoting, somatizing, speaking, and acting. And not only can you
feel it, others can pick up on it. You feel your own energy field in terms
of the health and well-ness of your body and in terms of your emotions,
whether you are feeling up or down, discouraged or encouraged, joyful or
sad, vitally alive or tired and fatigued.

When others pickup on your energy field, they generally pick up on the
vibrations that you are putting out via your emotions. It’s easy to detect
this when a person is depressed or joyful, when someone is stressed and
frustrated or relaxed and chilled-out, when someone is hateful or loving,
when someone is fearful, apprehensive, or courageous and bold. Emotions
transfer your energy first into your body as you somatize your semantics and
then out to the world of others as you embody your emotions. There’s no
real mystery in this. It is true for all of us.

And that’s why we say that, socially, emotions are contagious. We see this
in mobs and riots whether in the streets in revolutions or at ball games and
department stores. We see this when people are falsely told that toxic gas
has been released in the air and dozens or even hundreds of people start
fainting and even vomiting.

Now because states operate as an energy field, an energy field of our
emotions, our meanings, our physical well-being (or the lack of it) —we can
gauge the intensity of our states. Just ask a human being a gauging or
scaling question.

“On a scale from 0 to 10, how much anger are you feeling right now? How
much frustration? How much confidence? How much compassion?”

And the amazing thing is that everybody will give you an answer. If 0 is
none and indicates that you don’t have a smithering of that kind of energy
in you and 10 is absolute and you could not have more of it, where are you?

And because we can scale our embodied emotional energies in this way, by
doing this we can also begin to manage our energies. How? Simply explore
with the person the following type of questions:

Ø What do you have to do in your mind or body to turn this up? Show me.

Ø How much does that alter things?

Ø What do you have to do in your mind or body to turn this down?

Ø What images, words, sounds, gestures, etc. increase or decrease this
state?

In Neuro-Semantics, we speak about states as the grounding matrix in The
Matrix Model. The process matrices of meaning and intention create the
state. Or to put it another way, the state is the embodiment or the feeling
of meaning. Something means something important to you! But what? If it
is about your self, then the meaning may be about your worth, your
competence, your relationships, your time, or some domain that you live and
operate in (self, power, others, time, world).

The bottom line? You create your mind-body-emotion states! Your states are
the energy fields that you generate by the meanings that you invent and by
the way you treat your body and its needs. Yes, there are some additional
variables that play a role— weather, viruses, genetics, etc. Yet the
primary force or power that generates the energy fields of your states is
you. It arises from your powers. So if you feel a victim of your states,
of your emotions, of your energy fields — it’s time to ground yourself in
your innate powers (revisit articles 1-4, or get Secrets of Personal
Mastery, or get to one of the APG workshops).

Now as an energy field, the power of your communication loops (Article #4)
means that the feedback and feed-forward loops that you have set up inside
yourself are operating as a self-organizing system. This isn’t new. You’ve
heard about this before. Every time you talk about “the self-fulfilling
prophecy of a belief,” you are talking about the energy of your
self-organizing system.

And this means what? It means that you have already been using your innate
powers to set up a frame of reference/ meaning in your mind and sending
orders to your nervous systems to actualize your belief as your “reality.”
That’s why whatever you believe will tend to define your life and be
realized in your life. And if it is a limiting, sabotaging, self-defeating
belief like “I’m a slow learner,” “I can’t learn this stuff,” “I will never
be successful,” “Nobody will love me.” etc., your innate powers of
thinking-emoting, speaking, and behaving and the energy field of your state
will tend to make the limiting belief actual.

Your energy field (your mind-body-emotion states) is powerful! Its energies
is a “command to your nervous system” (Richard Bandler) which seeks to
actualize its meanings, and attracts into itself according to what it’s
looking for and expecting. Once you set it up, it operates automatically—
which is probably why you may feel a victim of your states and not in
control of them. Once you set it up (and you and only you have set it up)
it operates as if it has a life of its own.

And how did you set it up? By thinking, by experiencing, by believing, by
creating meaning, by adopting frames. It’s inevitable. You may not have
set it up consciously. You probably didn’t. You probably set it up by
growing up and by being human in whatever family, school, religion, and
contexts that you grew up in. And the good news is that by becoming aware
of your inner powers of thinking-believing-framing-and-emoting you can now
mindfully take charge of your states and your energy fields. And to a great
extent, this is what Neuro-Semantics (and NLP) is about.

Neuro-Semantic News

· Trainers’ Training is in Colorado this July / August. Write Dr.
Hall for the brochure.

· Unleashing Creativity workshop is in Wash DC – March 16-18,

contact : Mark Ashton: <mailto:ma.ashton1 at yahoo.com>
ma.ashton1 at yahoo.com

Richard Liotta:
<mailto:rfliotta at gmail.com> rfliotta at gmail.com

· 2013 International Conference of Neuro-Semantics: Anthony
Pinto: ptony at mysatori.com.my

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520 USA

1 970-523-7877

What is Neuro-Semantic NLP? Get your free subscription to "Neurons" ---
the weekly International Newsletter of Neuro-Semantics. Subscribe at
<http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com. Dr. Hall sends
out Meta Reflections every Monday (Colorado time). Trainers' Reflections
occur on Tuesdays and Meta-Coach Reflections on Wednesdays. Contact Dr.
Hall at meta at acsol.net

For world-class Coach Training --- see Meta-Coaching System at
<http://www.meta-coaching.org/> www.meta-coaching.org and at
www.metacoachfoundation.org

Neuro-Semantics launched the New Human Potential Movement in 2007, for
information about the Self-Actualization workshops, go to
<http://www.self-actualizing.org/> www.self-actualizing.org