[Neurons] 2012 Meta Reflections #19

Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Fri Mar 23 13:41:14 EDT 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

2012 Meta-Coach Reflections - #19

March 23, 2012

PRIME TIME

COMMUNICATIONS

If someone forced me to give a one word answer to the question, What is NLP?
Or if a visitor from Mars came to earth and aim a ray-gun at me and said,
What is Neuro-Semantic NLP in one word? I would say, "Communication."

Communication is the short answer because NLP at its core is a Communication
Model developed from the language patterns of three world-class
communicators (Fritz Perls, Virginia Satir and Milton Erickson) which used a
communication model (Transformational Grammar, Noam Chomsky, John Grinder)
to identify the communication patterns that Richard Bandler happened upon
while listening to audio-tapes.

Communication led me to discover NLP in the first place. I was developing
and delivering some Communication Workshops in 1986 when I came upon one of
the key communication guidelines of NLP in a book: "The meaning of your
communication is the response you get." That summarized in a provocatively
succinct statement a whole new paradigm of communication for me.

Just look at that statement and notice all that it brings together in such a
short phrase: "The meaning of your communication is the response you get."

 Meaning: references, frames, evaluations, understandings,
beliefs - all that's in your mind that you want to transfer to another
person.

 Communication: what you are saying explicitly and implicitly,
what you are communicating non-verbally in tone, gesture, movement, context,
etc.

 Response: what the other person interprets your words and
non-verbal expressions and then responds from the meanings it generates in
him or her.

 Response indicates meaning: in other words, you never know what
you've communicated, only what you said or did, not the interpretation the
other makes of it.

Wow! Talk about a rich and robust premise of communication and that's just
one of them. Ready for more? Now for what may be a surprise to you- That's
what Meta-Coaching is all about. After all, what is Coaching? If an alien
from Jupiter pointed a lazer-wand at me threatening to vaperize me if I
didn't give a one word answer to that question, I would say, Conversation.
"Okay, continue Earthling."

It is a fierce conversation that gets to the heart of things (meanings, and
meanings of meanings) with a client and that results in one of seven
different kinds of conversations that can be life-changing and
life-affirming.

And that's why we have focused the three modules of Meta-Coaching on the
essence of communication using the NLP model, the Meta-States model, and
then five models of Neuro-Semantics (Matrix, Facilitation, Axes of Change,
Self-Actualization Quadrants, Benchmarking). And we have put these in three
modules so that a person can learn how to be a professional communicator:

I: Coaching Essentials. The essentials of the NLP Model for prime-time
communicating: pacing for rapport, languages of the mind, state-to-state
communicating, Meta-Model of language, Meta-Programs, and much more.

II: Coaching Genius. The 14 coaching patterns of APG to enable you to lead
yourself and bring out your very best so that you can turn off and on "being
in the zone" at will.

III: Coaching Mastery. The coaching boot camp of 8 days wherein you
practice using and integrating all of the communication models into
explorative and transformative conversations and being benchmarked for your
level of competency.

While we have already been launching many workshop of Modules I and II, very
soon here in 2012 we will be launching this most intensive training in
communication skills as the coaching boot camp occurs in many parts of the
world - Hong Kong, Mexico, Europe, Brazil, New Zealand, South Africa, and
China. Obviously, if you are interested in a profession as a Coach or
already are a Coach and want to take your skills to the next level, this is
custom-made for you. But what if you are not a Coach? Then this same
training results in another certificate:

Professional Communicator Certificate

Meta-Coaching New for 2012

In 2012 Modules I and II will be conduct in many, many places around the
world by Neuro-Semantic Trainers (see <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com / Training). Module III will be conducted in 7
places ( <http://www.meta-coaching.org)./> www.meta-coaching.org).

1) May (May 14-21): Hong Kong

May 13 Team Leaders

Mandy Chai <mailto:mandy at apti.com.hk>
mandy at apti.com.hk

2) May (24-27) & June (21-24): Mexico City (Parts I and II)

Omar Salom <mailto:Omarsalom at hotmail.com>
Omarsalom at hotmail.com

David Murphy
<mailto:david at neurosemantica-latam.com> david at neurosemantica-latam.com

3) August (25-Sept. 1): Belgium. First Ever in Europe

Germaine Rediger - <mailto:indialogue at me.com>
indialogue at me.com

Mario Mason --- <mailto:mma at phoenix-strategies.com>
mma at phoenix-strategies.com

4) September (15-22): Brazil, Rio de Janeiro - First ever in
Brazil

Jairo Mancilha <mailto:jairo at pnl.med.br>
jairo at pnl.med.br

5) October (5-12): New Zealand

Lene Gray --- <mailto:lena at ignition.org.nz>
lena at ignition.org.nz

Colin Cox --- <mailto:colin at ignition.org.nz>
colin at ignition.org.nz

6) Nov. (17-21) & Dec. (6-10): Guangzhou, China (Parts I and II)

Mandy Chai: <mailto:Mandy at apti.com.hk> Mandy at apti.com.hk

Nov. 16 and Dec. 2 - Team leaders

7) November (23-30): Pretoria - South Africa

Cheryl Lucas --- <mailto:cheryl at peoplesa.co.za>
cheryl at peoplesa.co.za

Carey Jooste --- <mailto:carey at psacoaching.co.za>
carey at psacoaching.co.za

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8

Clifton, CO. 81520 USA

1 970-523-7877

What is Neuro-Semantic NLP? Get your free subscription to "Neurons" ---
the weekly International Newsletter of Neuro-Semantics. Subscribe at
<http://www.neurosemantics.com/> www.neurosemantics.com. Dr. Hall sends
out Meta Reflections every Monday (Colorado time). Trainers' Reflections
occur on Tuesdays and Meta-Coach Reflections on Wednesdays. Contact Dr.
Hall at <mailto:meta at acsol.net> meta at acsol.net

For world-class Coach Training --- see Meta-Coaching System at
<http://www.meta-coaching.org/> www.meta-coaching.org and at
<http://www.metacoachfoundation.org> www.metacoachfoundation.org

Neuro-Semantics launched the New Human Potential Movement in 2007, for
information about the Self-Actualization workshops, go to
<http://www.self-actualizing.org/> www.self-actualizing.org