[Neurons] Book Review of "Innovations in NLP"

Michael Hall meta at acsol.net
Thu Apr 19 14:31:42 EDT 2012

From: L. Michael Hall

Re: Book Review of Innovations of NLP - Volume I

Innovations.jpg

In NLP we say that we never know what our communications mean to another
person because we do not know how the person processes, filters, and
interprets the information. "The meaning of your communication is the
response you get"--- it is the meaning the other person creates. I found
this to be really so in the following. In fact, in reading this I wondered
several times what book the reviewer was reading! I wanted to re-read the
book to see if I really missed something! Anyway, I'm glad that she got
value from it.

Book Review

Title: Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1

Editors: Michael Hall and Shelle Rose Charvet

Reviewer: Deborah Rose: Hypnotherapist

Reviewed for: Rosalie Williams: Crown House Publishing

Date Jan 2012

Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1 supports you to change the
story you had been telling yourself about how easily can use your inner
abilities to innovate through challenge. It's fascinating collection of
techniques that honours the unique way that the mind can give birth to
improvements, invention, even revolution feels like a personal treasure
chest. Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1 is all about
awakening your inner confidence and courage from its slumber. I love it.

Let's examine Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1 more closely.
We are all familiar with the feeling of giving thanks for someone or
something that shows us how to deal with challenges. We may all want some
support, at some time to help us to bring out our inner talents which enable
us to resolve a life challenge successfully. Yet, it's unique for some of
us, to know that this practise can come from inside of us. By relating our
minds to new ways of perceiving challenges means we go through the challenge
rather than avoid it. And by doing that we can turn unpolished stones into
cherished jewels. Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1 opens us
up to affirm our own mind-set that brings forward solutions. Reading this
book, you may find yourself receptive to finding the answers from within far
quicker than you expected. Maybe even by the time you finish this review, or
wake up from deeply considering what you find in Innovations in NLP for
Challenging Times Vol. 1.

Michael Hall and Shelle Rose Charvet's compilation makes it the norm to be
part of a group of people who are open to bringing solutions forward from
their mind-set. it's enjoyable reading innovations in NLP because you feel
you are part of a group who enjoy the benefits of remaining open to
crediting ones inner strengths to solve an issue is reassuring.

Innovations in NLP for Challenging Times Vol. 1 is full of Originations from
within the NLP School which at first glance may appear unfamiliar to some,
yet very familiar to others. Each innovator in this text has made it their
personal business to discover their own processes that allowed them to
understand the bringing forward of the inner talents lying dormant within.
The discoveries are in fact their stories of how they went about awakening
and consequently solving challenges. They have discovered palatable ways to
explain how the mind can be harnessed to address challenges. This is what
for me makes me enjoy the compendium. Innovations in NLP for Challenging
Times Vol. 1, is an ideal book for the everyday person or someone far more
advanced. It's also for those who already acknowledge the fact that lots of
these advances can be traced back to and found in the ancient worlds of
Africa, Asia, or Europe.

The book is organised into four sections.

Section One. Innovative models

This provides a broad selection of the main NLP models used within any
training course.

Section Two Innovative Applications In Different Sectors.

Money, relations and health are the areas of application. The examples you
find here are how NLP has been used to resolve cancer, drugs and alcohol
abuse.

Section Three Innovative Tools;

Three new NLP tools are described here. Identity Compass, MPA Mind Soar
and JobEQ: Profiling metaprogrammes to improve emotional intelligence.

Section Four Innovative Communities;

This section describes five aspirational NLP communities. Their stories of
how everyday people made a switch away from their pursuit of individualism
and replaced it with valuing community. The heart-warming stories illustrate
how we are better together solving questions through unification. Looking
beyond the personal and using material resources to commit to higher
purposes for the benefit of others.

Lasting Impression

My lasting impression is that, any legitimate reason to remain ignorant has
been removed once we remind ourselves and give thanks for our God given
minds. Divinely equipped to grow and therefore create solutions. Talk never
cooks the dinner. So if you do read the text, make it work for you, by
deciding for yourself how you can test and retest the models for yourself. I
thank Hall and Charvet-Rose for passing on this wisdom of how the mind works
to resolve challenges.

Recommendation. Essential for NLPers reading. This is for teachers, as well
as students.

HOW TO ORDER THIS BOOK .

You can now order Innovations via Amazon.com . It is also available for
Kindle.

You can order the real book through Neuro-Semantic Publications:
www.neurosemantics.com

$35 for the book

$5 shipping in the USA-- $40

$17 shipping outside the USA -- $49

Click on "Business" then on "Pay a Statement"

Enter the amount and your mailing address.

L. Michael Hall, Ph.D.

Neuro-Semantics Executive Director ---- <http://www.neurosemantics.com/>
www.neurosemantics.com

P.O. Box 8