[Neurons] Feedback the most difficult thing to receive so easy to give

InDialogue germaine at indialogue.eu
Thu May 24 11:54:49 EDT 2012

Reply to:
Germaine Rediger
germaine at indialogue.eu

Hi Everyone,

Soon, very soon in fact 3 months from now there will be for the first time in Central Europe - Belgium (Gent) from August 25 until 01/09/2012 an ACMC Training.
With this message I want to share with you a key element of that training and that is:

Feedback
Feedback is the skill that we find at the heart of Coaching.
I also know and believe that heart, collaboration and quality is what you will find in the ACMC training - in every ACMC training into the world.
Our trainings are made for people, are made for you because of these qualities.
When you come to one of our trainings it will be your training, tailored for you!

So, here we go:

How do we become real coaches? Look in the mirror

When we wake up in the morning, we look in the mirror, off course. This handy tool makes it clear if all is fine with our looks. It is perfect; you can correct what is wrong easily. Most of us don’t leave home without this ritual because all of us we know the mirror reflects perfectly our condition. What if we had a perfect mirror for ourselves and our communication? Wouldn’t that be the ideal way to grow as a coach and a leader? The perfect feedback that allows change and growth! This is exactly what we all need. The eyes and presence of other human beings offering us a mirror to see reality as it is.

We need the others....

Imagine that you describe yourself to others; you would be amazed how different others look at you and how they define you from their point of view. This is for most of us a daunting experience and this makes us realize that we need others to refine our skills and performance to accelerate learning and development. In this view it was an amazing paradigm shift produced by the communication model called NLP or Neuro Linguistic Programming to put forward to think about exchanging messages as “no failure, only feedback.” This way we always win, we always succeed because we only and always get responses. In this systemic approach, feedback is simply data, information and signals about what’s working and not working.

The mirror is more or less cracked....

So, we accept feedback and the fact that we need others to give us feedback to grow and improve ourselves. We need a mirror. Unfortunately, human beings are not clear mirrors with bright lights. A clean mirror would give us sensory specific based feedback without judgment, prejudice or evaluation. Humans don't!

Human reflection is distorted and crooked due to our internal conflicts. Our emotional state of fear, anger, guilt, sadness, frustration, etc...distorts the reality and also the facts that we are dealing with. No wonder we are forever trying to step aside from these states to just observe the facts and become more present in accepting, acknowledging and seeing objectively.

That's one skill among so many ohers that we are learning in the Meta-Coach Training!

Seeing objectively....

If we manage to see more objectively, being in sensory awareness and being able to communicate in sensory-based terms, we truly become great feedback providers. How do we get there ? It takes lots of practice and skill, self-esteem, acceptance and willingness to suspend judgment. Meta-coaching created, to help us, an empirically set of measures. These metrics give us the ability to stay in sensory awareness and sensory-based language as we make our evaluation. This is a big step forward in seeing objectively, not perfecty still humanly.

The refined skill of feedback...

So, Meta-coaching brings you tools to develop the refined skill of distinguishing sensory-based from evaluations. There is a big difference between the sensory-based information at the primary level and the evaluative-based at the meta-levels. Empirical data can be seen, heard, felt, etc... but this does concur at the meta-level of belief, assumptions etc. If our mirror is dusty and not clean, it will distort us from giving and receiving feedback.

This is what a masterful coach does: distinguish sensory- based and evaluative based.

You can become a cleaner mirrors who can accurately reflect back to others without judgment.

For more information about the ACMC Training in Belgium this year please contact us or go to the metacoachtrack website. There you can have a look at dates, investment etc... or call +32 474 719463 if you have questions or special requests.

Also do click on the video from Angus Mcleod on the homepage. He is talking in a little video about the Meta-Coach Training. Very powerful testimonial about how he experienced it twice!!

Website: http://metacoachtrack.com - Email: germaine at indialogue.eu

You can check the dates here .....http://tinyurl.com/877wbqp

Looking forward to speak to you soon,

Germaine