[SecViz] Afterglow: Is it possible to split a field?

Paul Halliday paul.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 12:44:56 EST 2010

I have been working on this:

http://www.pintumbler.org/code/edv

The problem I was having was that I was already using the 3 fields:

src_ip, dst_ip, signature

I wanted to add a little depth by adding an event count for each
unique (src->dst->signature) entry; a 4th field.

I changed a couple lines in afterglow.pl:

on line 438 I added: $other = $fields[3];

and on line 474 I changed it to read: @fields=($source,$event,$target,$other);

Now I can do:

src_ip, dst_ip, signature,count using count to colorize the objects:

http://www.pintumbler.org/files/allevents_2010-03-10_thumb.png

It needs some work but its close to what I was looking for.

Thanks.