[SecViz] Cant get nodes labeled with IP address

Raffael Marty raffy at pixlcloud.com
Thu Aug 14 11:47:41 EDT 2014

> I got this error
>
>  Property File Error, unrecongnized entry: xlables, line 29.

xlabels not xlables

> I compiled and installed graphviz 2.38.
> Now I get the error
>
> $ sudo tcpdump -vttttnnelr tcpdump.pcap | ./tcpdump2csv.pl "sip dip dport" | perl afterglow.pl -c sample.properties | neato -Tgif -o vmsrv1.gif
> Format: "gif" not recognized. Use one of: canon cmap cmapx cmapx_np dot eps fig gv imap imap_np ismap pic plain plain-ext pov ps ps2 svg tk vml xdot xdot1.2 xdot1.4
> reading from file tcpdump.pcap, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet)

Yes, you need to make sure you have the correct other libraries installed before compiling graphviz. I think you’ll need imagemagik libraries for GIF support. Not sure though. You’ll have to see what is required for that. Alternatively, you can try to render a ps or ps2 file by changing the -T flag to one of those.

  -raffy