[geeklog-devel] List of "draft" stories

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Apr 13 09:12:14 EDT 2003

Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:

>This is thinking way ahead of where GL2 is but do we want to support some
>of these notions?  Are there other notions out there I'm missing?

Well, when I submitted Geeklog to the CMS list of the German PHP-Magazin,
I had to leave quite a few fields blank ...

This Google translation should give you a rough idea (first column):

<http://translate.google.com/translat
e?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.phpmag.de%2Fcms%2F&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-
8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools>

Things like storing meta information, to-do lists for admins, exporting
content to different formats, etc. sound like good ideas to me.

>I know some CMS's that target
>'real' online magazines have to be approved by an editor once submitted by
>the author.

This is one example of a more complex workflow that some CMS support,
yes. You could do something like this in 1.3.x now (using the draft flag
and permissions), but it's not very transparent. GL2 should support this,
IMO. We may need support for more than one submission queues to
accomplish this (or more state flags than just "draft").

http://www.macosx-faq.de/