[geeklog-devel] FYI: "Project-without-a-name" progress

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Aug 18 18:17:32 EDT 2003

Just an FYI: While the Pie/Echo/Atom project still hasn't decided on a
new name, they did make some progress on the actual goals of the project.

A first implementation of that part of the specification that deals with
uploading and editing of posts has now been published. Have a look at

   http://diveintomark.org/archives/2003/08/18/atom_api_implementation

That article also has examples and demonstrates the use quite nicely.
Recommended reading for those who don't know WTF I'm talking about :-)

IMO, it looks promising and not too complicated (authorization is still
under discussion, though). It also allows for vendor-specific extensions
through the use of namespaces, so that we could sneak in any Geeklog-
specific stuff that way easily.

I have to admit that most of the discussions on the mailing list, IRC and
the Wiki are way over my head, but the above article shows that they're
on the right track.

/me wonders if we should commit to implementing this, as a number of
projects already have <http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/RoadMap#head-
74b5d46318b48115b07ab1a2e77cb22df987c284>. I guess the question is, if
we're going to implement it in the core code or if it should be
implemented as a plugin (similar to the blog plugin).

Tony, any thoughts from the GL2 point of view?

http://www.tinyweb.de/