[geeklog-devel] Geeklog and MySQL 3.22

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Feb 12 14:09:16 EST 2003

Changing to date_sub probably won't hurt performance and teh benefit of
having GL workign on 3.22.x good enough to warrant (though I'm still
laughing my ass off that any reputable ISP would still be using that
version)

As for indexes, I think the easy thing is to add a new array $_INDEXES in
teh mysqltableanddata.php which are a series of alter table commands to
add indexes.  Then teh installer would need to 1) connect and create DB
structures 2) get the mysql version 3) if version > 3.22 then execute
everything in $_INDEXES.

That way you have something that I think is easier to maintain with
subsequent versions, no?

--Tony

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as