[geeklog-devel] Geeklog and MySQL 3.22

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Feb 13 12:48:15 EST 2003

Jason Whittenburg <me at jasonwhittenburg.com> wrote:

>MySQL AB does not recommend anyone run 3.22 unless they have special
>needs.

Don't tell me, tell Strato <http://www.strato.de/> ;-)

They won't listen, however. They're Germany's second biggest hoster and
their service su^Wis not good. But they're (relatively) cheap and well-
known, so people will continue to use them.

>I have no problem with anyone spending some time to make it work, but it
>does seem counter productive.

Geeklog did work fine with old versions of MySQL until the recent changes
came in. If there's a chance to fix that without too much effort, I think
we should do it.

I've added the changes for the What's New block to CVS now and will look
into Tony's suggestion for the index fields later.

http://www.tinyweb.de/