[geeklog-devel] GL1.3.x and Smarty

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 21 11:45:04 EST 2003

I don't think there is any interest in doing any template engine changes
in 1.3.x.  My guess is that it would break current themes and, even if
not, we don't get very many complaints with the current engine.  Besides,
just the regression testing alone makes me cringe

For GL2 we have been looking at PEAR::HTML_Template_ITX which you can read
about here: http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=108.  This is still
up for debate but, in general, we are looking to use PEAR when at all
possible.

--Tony