[geeklog-devel] An observation as a semi-developer/user

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Feb 22 11:46:57 EST 2003

Blaine Lang <langmail at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>In all cases I can post single quotes, double quotes {curley brackets} or
>another character.
[...]
>Tested results:
>http://www.langfamily.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=6&showtopic=454

Try {site_url} - that's what's missing after the "So how does it handle
template variables?" in my second post on that thread.

>Additionally, it's easy to use .htaccess to change the local value of
>magic_quotes_gpc or other php setting.

Hmm, then why does using single quotes within Geeklog work fine for me on
geeklog.info but it causes SQL errors in the forum? You must be doing
something differently from Geeklog (not that Geeklog's handling of
magic_quotes is something that should be considered a good example - it's
actually a mixture of guesswork and good luck ...).

http://www.haun.info/