[geeklog-devel] Consolidation of GPlugs and Geeklog.net

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Feb 24 12:19:38 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Tom Willett wrote:
> But just changing the domain name from gplugs.sf.net to plugins.geeklog.net
> would not accomplish having only one place to find information. Now if we
> could run both sites off the same database and do searches on the combined
> data, that would be better, but that would require some custom hacking and
> testing etc.  I am not really up to that right now.

Ok, then let me ask this.  What is the smallest amount of work we can do
now with the most gain then?

> And Dirk is right -- this does little to unify cvs and downloads.  (And Dirk
> if you want access to cvs and downloads at gplugs, just say so and I will
> add you with full privileages, same goes for any geeklog developer).  Its a
> big thorny issue, filled with the land mines of peoples egos.  I think that
> all developers would welcome a central location and tools.

Is unifying CVS a real need?  Again, I think maybe in our ideal state we
would but I refer back to my initial question: "What is the smallest
amount of work we can do now with the most gain?"

In the end, as long as are moving towards the end-state of fully
centralized site, I'll be happy.  We can take how ever many baby steps to
get there we need to, I just wan to try flushing out what those steps are.

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as