[geeklog-devel] Consolidation of GPlugs and Geeklog.net

Blaine Lang langmail at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 24 13:42:40 EST 2003

Just got in and reading the thread and wanted to add a few notes:

1) I've added edit functionality to the FileMgmt plugin and forwarded Dirk a
copy for testing on Sat (his Sunday)
    Admin's can now upload new file versions and change/delete the snapshot
images

2) I also have notification support on my need-to-have features and have
already hacked this in for a client

3) You can reference a remote file today - I've documented this on my site
and on geeklog.net
    I will make this easier via a direct feature to use a URL vs a local
file

4) I've also added a feature to the forum for a client project that allows a
forum to use the submission queue for all new topics and replies
    May be a option that we can use - wanted to atleast let it be known.

    A big side benefit of the using the forum for geeklog.net will the the
dramatic reduction on moderation admin

Are we talking about moving gplugs off of sourceforge?
We moved geeklog.net off sourceforge for a reason and I've noticed the
performance of gplugs has been quite slow these past couple weeks.

Blaine