[geeklog-devel] Forum Issues

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Wed Feb 26 15:41:34 EST 2003

Blaine,

I did not mean to offend you even though I probably did.  Sorry.

In theory I agree with, the problem is that the theory does not work here.
There are obviously issues between php versions.  Three machines with the
same quotes settings react three different ways to the same code.

The machines I am talking about are the gplugs.sf.net, an internal server I
have, and Dwights server.  all have gpc on runtime off and sybase off.  My
server works like it should on your original code.  On both the servers I
have control over adding slashes always fixed one (gplugs.sf.net) and did
not break the other.  On Dwights server adding slashes fixed the database
issue but caused the backslash display problem.  Adding a stripslashes at
the top of the file so that it would stripslashes added by gpc, did no harm
to my servers which were fine before and fixed Dwight's.

On both the machines that I have control over the test for gpc is working
correctly, just as it is on Dwights.  It appears that magic_quotes_gpc is
broken or works inconsistently between versions of php and if that is the
case you will have to work around it.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net