[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Service offering

Jason Whittenburg me at jasonwhittenburg.com
Fri Jan 10 02:03:59 EST 2003

Good Morning,

It's 2:13am and I can't sleep!

Tony, I think it's about time! ;-)  We want GL to be big time so we better
start acting like it already is.  I love everything you posted on the site
but I'd like to also see it go one step further.  One thing I've learned
from history is the product doesn't have to be superior to win, just the
people must be superior, and we are!

But first one must add that priority #1 needs to be GeekLog 2.  We MUST
get that done ASAP.  Let be bold and say by March 31st we will have a
somewhat working GL2 and release at least an RC by June 30th.  I think GL2
will be the point where we can really offer value add for $$.

No on to your list.  I'd like to throw out two more items to think about.
I think about should probally be GL2 things:

1) Paid email support (ala MySQL), maybe that is what you are talking
about in "extended support".
2) Hosting contracts with providers that give us a kick back. ;-)  We
would name them "certified GL hosting companies" and they would pay an $$
per site amount back to us.

Just the ravings of someone who has his first sleepless night in two
years.  BTW, count me in.

-Jason