[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Service offering

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Jan 10 01:54:39 EST 2003

Guys.  I took the liberty of drafting the following page on possibly
offering Geeklog services:

http://www.geeklog.net/staticpages/index.php?page=20030110012258991

Take a look and see if you have any objections.  I am still very much in
the spirit of open and free software but I feel like we are to a point
were we need to at least consider taking this to another level.  Some of
you may have no interest in making a dime of offering services around
Geeklog but my hope is all of you would be somewhat interested.  My wet
dream is still to do Geeklog development full-time.  It may stay just
that, a wet dream, but I don't see what we lose by trying.

will be adding you all to it here tomorrow but I didn't want to get too
far down the road before I gave some of you a chance to shoot this down.

Related to this, I really think we need to 'tidy' our site up.  The
stock themes are OK but I'd like to see something a bit more
professional that really shows what a good theme can look like if you
spend a little time.  Knuckles, you are sort of the man here.  Do you
have any interest?  Also, related to some of the content.  We have
talked to about rearranging/editing/removing some items (links, block,
etc) and I'd like to open up a discussion here on what you all would
like to see changed on the site so that if knuckles accepts this
challenge that he'll have something to work from.

I took the liberty to add a new block at the top left for project
related links.  I think this really provides quick access to important
links.  Anyway, if you all think this server offering is worth doing,
I'll add a link to the page in that block.

Thoughts?  Questions?  Concerns?