[geeklog-devel] Another Updated Installer

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Jan 16 15:29:46 EST 2003

Related to this, do we want to check if the given DB exists and, if not,
try and create it?

Can't imagine it's more than a few lines of code.

--Tony

Jason Whittenburg wrote:
> Ok, I've updated the installer some more to add the following items:
>
> 1) Added a search for mysqldump to correctly set up that variable,
>    it disables backups if it can't find mysqldump.
> 2) Added addslashes() to the title and slogan variables.
> 3) Added a datestamp to the display for versioning. :-)
> 4) Added permission settings on /backup
> 5) Added removal of /public_html/admin/install to the clean up
>    process
>
> Remeber the installer is for new installs only right now.  It has
> only been tested on linux but other unix system may work.  Windows
> will not work.  PEAR is required for the installer (the installer
> will try to find it if not in the include path).
>
> To use the installer run:
>
>  lynx -source http://newsgeeks.com/go-geeklog | php -q
>
> or download the go-geeklog script and run it with PHP:
>
>  php -q ./go-geeklog
>
> As always, please test and report back!
>
> -Jason

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |